Saturday, December 28, 2013

Number 40 ~ make madeleines

The last thing that was added to the list was 'make madeleines'...  Might seem like a simple thing to those who know what they are, but for me I felt like it needed to be added for it to actually happen!  You see, 3 (yes 3) Christmases ago I put a madeleine pan on my Christmas wish list and one found its way to me (thanks Lorinda)... I will admit right now I have a baking pan obsession - I have all shapes and sizes - square, round, rectangle, friand, flowers, big, little etc etc, so it only seemed right that a madeleine pan join the family!!!


 


 
BUT WHAT ARE MADELEINES??? 
 Only a few people have seen the entire 40 things before 40 list, and every one of these people asked "What are madeleines'? Well let me fill you in...  Madeleines are a French tea cake (thought of as a cookie) that are instantly recognizable with their scalloped shell shape that is ribbed on one side, and smooth, with a hump, on the other. Direct from the oven these buttery sponge cakes have wonderfully crisp edges and such a moist and tender crumb that they are best eaten right away.   (Please note the above is a copy/paste in case you thought I turned all formal and factual there for a minute and actually wrote that)     
 
 
So after obsessing with these little babies for a long time I have finally made them!  I have made madeleines!!!  And I will make them again - tucked away on pinterest I have recipes for lemon ones and lavender ones!!!   They were SO easy and quick!!!   
 
The ingredients are general pantry items so there was nothing special to buy! 

 
Double shift that flour!!! 


 
Fresh from the oven!!! 

 
 
 
And here they are!!!  Another 40 things before 40 thing crossed off the list!  



No comments:

Post a Comment